There are so many simple beauty hacks that are apart of my everyday skin care and makeup routine that I could not live without. I look at pictures from years ago, before I implemented this routine, and I cannot believe my eyes!!! These simple and affordable products will go such a long way. They will take away the appearance of blemishes, make your skin look healthier, brighter and honestly- flawless. Trust me, if these products can cover up my blemishes throughout my pregnancy, than they can do anything. I’ve linked all the products below, so be sure to try them and let me know what you think.
1. Good Quality Skin Care Products: So, I used to be a face wipes makeup remover and moisturizer girl and just called it a day, until I noticed the skin of some of my girl friends in their late 30’s who have a strict skin care routine. Their skin is GLOWING, and they swear by their skin care routine which consists of different products that I cannot pronounce which cost wayyyy more than I can afford. I was introduced to The Ordinary by my sister-in-law who also has flawless skin. I love this product because I have seen it work on my skin and it is SO affordable. It has a lot of the same products and ingredients as other leading brands like Skin Ceuticals, but is 1/10th of the price.
2. Moisturizer with SPF: I feel like this should go without saying, but it is too important to not say: you should be moisturizing your face DAILY with a face moisturizer with SPF. Whether or not you can directly see the sun, it is important to protect your face from the rays, and also keep your skin looking moisturized and healthy. There is nothing worse than adding makeup to a flakey, dry face. I’ve been using Cerave for years, and am obsessed. I wear the AM moisturizer in the morning and PM before bed. It’s very affordable, and you can find it at your local drug store.
3. Use an Epilator: So for those of you who don’t know what an epilator is, picture an electric razor but with about 50 tweezers – so it’s pretty much an electric tweezer. This is a game changer, especially if you have thick or dark hair. You can use the epilator on your whole body, but I prefer just using it for my face and underarms. Your hair will grow back so much thinner and slower, it is as if you are getting a wax, but so much easier, and cheaper. I started epilating my underarms 3 years ago, and haven’t shaved since. It makes my hair grow back soooo much thinner, and I honestly only do it about 1-2x a month now. I’ve linked one below, so make sure to grab it!
4. Colour Corrector: If you are like me and tend to get dark circles under your eyes, I have found a solution for you- colour correctors! Sometimes under eye concealers just don’t do the trick, especially if your under eyes tend to be more purple or blue. You put the colour corrector under your eye prior to putting on your concealer, and it it will make your eye look so much healthier, and wayyyy less tired. I’m sure there are plenty of good ones on the market, but I’ve linked my favourited from Lancome below.
5. Primer: I just started using a primer in my makeup routine, and it makes the biggest difference. Firstly, it reduces the appearance of pores, so it makes my makeup look that much better, and it also helps my makeup last way longer. I notice a HUGE difference between days that I wear my primer and days that I don’t. After I moisturize my face, I put on my face primer (which is linked below). This is the base for my makeup. I also like putting on an eyelid primer prior to putting on eyeshadow. It makes the colour look way better, and again, the eyeshadow will last all day.